Sunday, February 18, 2007

mid term goal

i have been thinking about it - working in a different country, staying on my own for a while. I always wondered how different will it be staying by myself with my own room away from my family and friends and amongst new friends.

all my life i never really had my own private space- having grow up with 2 elder brothers sharing the same room. which is why i always enjoyed camping trips and stayovers at chalets etc. Probably the only other time close to 'staying on my own' is during Tekong - especially when i was an instructor. Although i stayed with three other colleagues i enjoyed it nevertheless.

There was an opening in KL for a research position - qualitative at that! I was short of leaping at the opportunity. But unfortunately there's a lot of other things to consider. Firstly like money. I think i should save up more to go on such a 'long' trip. I probably would stay for at least a year there. And i should have at least a couple of $K for advanced rent, additional fixtures, furnitures, expenses, etc. Also I've only been in my current job for less than 6 months. I'm starting to see light. :P

hopefully i'll be able to work towards this goal and eventually be in KL on my own. Probably even i dun make it to KL, at least i would want to experience staying by myself at least here in safe Singapore.

here's to independence/privacy/ and a new experience! Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home