Monday, February 12, 2007

hiatus

it's been so long since i last blogged.. has to be mainly because of work - of getting used to the things which i'm not exactly comfortable in - numbers! work's getting better now though. I'm into my 5th month (time flies!!) 'crunching' numbers making sense of them and arranging them into a story.

it's quite funny how i'm still not myself at work.
In social psychology, there's a term called 'Idionsyrantic points' - it says sth like after spending some time with a group, one is able to get away with their little idionyrancies. For me, depending on the extent of familiarity, it can range to being very suggestively humorous to laughing and rolling on the floor. Oh yes to affectionately calling my dear friends 'slut' and 'bitch' and the works. haha!

anyway yeah, im still my 'professional' self at work. Rarely breaking into my crazy routine. Of course i wun want to be so comfortable to the extent of rolling all over the carpet in my office but you know comfortable enough to enjoy more being at work.

perhaps its not the right job for me... i know that this would be challenging.. especially dealing with numbers. I've learnt that multi-tasking can be quite challening too- one moment ur rushing to do A and task B gets in your way and u have to put on hold A for a couple of hours but still need to complete them by the EOD (end of day)! But im getting the hang of it... and i feel less depressed. it can be quite depressing not living up to what you perceived as the expectation of others of you and worse still of your own expectations.

i am still considering switching to Qualitative research but i need to find out more about it...

for now, i look forward to my first overseas trip (on an SQ!) to meet clients, my first fieldwork supervision and hopefully my first presentation. :)

have so much to blog abt! like:
1. going overseas to work/staying by myself
2. DANCE!!
3. Being Happy
4. my materialistic pursuits :p
5. and more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home