Wednesday, November 01, 2006

urban hunter/s

urban hunters? i'll talk about them later..

it's been a while since i blogged. Quite a fair bit of topics i wanted to express myself about but i've been procrastinating- because of TV and the almost futile attempts at sleeping by midnight (7-8hrs of sleep for a healthier mind!).

which brings me to work. Work is good. There's 6 mini photos pasted on my office table which means its week 6 at work! Things are picking up... However I still need more time to adjust my biological clock so i wun feel like on the verge of salmming my head onto my keyboard during some hrs of the day! Perhaps its a wee bit too comfortable for me- especially not having much responsibilities/ 'real' things to do yet. (I might as well enjoy the nice pay while it lasts eh? haha)

Anyway, i have to blog today beacause finally got assigned work/responsibility! YAY! For a start i'll be working on the Nestle ice cream and HP printers account of course still under supervision of the Senior Research person in my team! I'm not liaising directly with the clients yet though I'll have to work with the internal project mgrs. Well, actually i'm glad not to have to speak to clients yet.. i prob won't be sure half the time what im supposed to do/say!:p I so look forward to learn new stuff at work!

Oh during lunch with colleagues i met glynnis- i like her new bob haircut!!! so kewl! SHe's doing PR at Shaw towers.. didnt catch the name of the agency though. prob arrange lunch with her. (oh i'm excited to meet my comms Prof- Mark Chong- for dinner.. wonder how will it be like? i hope i can be myself! :p)

back to the topic of my blog. (another reason why i must blog eventhough its past my bedtime!- read: 1:03am!!!) When i was on my way home after gym i saw quite a strange scene.

More than half a dozen men looked like they were neighborhood CSI. They were each equipped with long thick sticks and with a lights on top of their heads. SOme even wore sth like masks. So in the dark they walked towards the big rubbish chute at the ground floor of my flat. they opened it and started hitting the rubbish bin with their sticks. FOr a moment i thought it was an ambush by some private investigators of sorts.. (i imagined possibly there could be someone trying to escape via the chute!)

Neways, i stood for a while to watch this rather interesting scene. Soon after (in less than minute) i realized what they were up to- RATS! Yes, they were on a mission to exterminate them rodents! What i saw initally disgusted me. I swore i heard sth squeak.. One of the 'hunters' stepped the rat!!!! (Oh dear! yucks! was my first 2 thoughts.. i kinda felt sorry for the rats.. who can be quite cute actually..-i've encountered some of them. plus Grey is quite a nice color! LOL)

So i left and felt yucky on the way up the staircase towards home. I could hear the thuming of other chutes when i got to my 3rd storey apt. SO i decided to watch. Directly below my window i could see in greater detail the action. I watch the 'hunter's antics. And i started to smile.. i laughed when i saw one of them actually using a hockey stick!!!!! Cool!! (somehow i thought us humans are like gangsters... beating up rats .. with hockey sticks!)

It's probably mean but personally i thought it was kinda cute when one of the guys decided to arrange the 5, 6 carcass on top of the bin when another said that they should take picture. (Im sure it was for official and not saidistic purposes..)

Somehow the whole situation at that point seemd comical to me and i soon forgot i felt sorry for the rat (which was purposefully stepped to death)

well that's it for urban hunter/s...

wait! talking abt hunters.. in less than 2 more mths at MWB and Fiza would be receiving her bounty in CASH!!! in US!! It does feel good for oneself to be 'put up for reward!' LOL.

squeak!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home