Tuesday, September 12, 2006

my sis' 21st

my sis is 21 on the llth of september. how time flies.
how i wished i had like money to buy her NICE presents but i havent.
'cause unemployed still i am.

my sis and I (4 years apart)

job hunt's been quite good thanks to Fiza who reccomended me to Millward Brown.
i think i would like the job. would be perfect timing so i got a few people that i could hang out with during lunch during Ramadhan- it will be a pity for me if i have to spend lunchtime alone somewhere and not get the chance to mingle with colleagues cause it'd be too wired to hang out with them at lunch and not eat?

among other reasons why i want the job is because after a couple of weeks of jobsearch i realize i want my first job upon graduation in a respectable place like an MNC. I think i should fully maximise my SMU degree and try to get me to land in such organizations. Plus if things don't work out the 1-2 years spent in a respectable company will be an asset in my future job hunts.

of course ideally what i desired was a position in the Qualitative side of market research doing those focus groups, etc which are SO fun! but i figured the quantitative side, dealing with numbers and analyzing those numbers will give me a good foundation and hopefully hone my analytical skills.

so today was the first interview. we did an aptititude test that mainly revolve around reading/analyzing data tables. none of the other 2 interviewees finished it too! :p so it wasnt so bad. I suspected that there was 2 trick questions but after some post test discussion with the other candidates (amra & vienna), i think i was the one who prob didnt comprehend the table! lol.

they showed us a clip of a tv ad and gave us materials to work with for our next interview/presentation. I am already excited 'cause it has to do with advertising! :p I just have to make a meaningful argument/reccomendation with the data provided.

if i get in i'd probably be the only GUY in the office in that position! woah.. tempting eh? haha. anyway's the other 2 candidates are good too. AMra is my senior in SMU and she got some experience in a PR agency while Vienna is a grad from australia. She did a thesis wusing quantitative research- some 100 page. I bet she knows a whole lot of statistical tools. seriously i dun. My differentiating strengths.. hmm.. i think im very passionate about advertising/ and marketing and communicating and finding out about people! curious minds?

on another subject altogether.. i only realized yesterday that during my sis bdae dinner that my 2nd bro has braces!!! SINCE MAY!!! omg. that just shows how much i communicate with him lol.. i want braces too!! they sparkle one's smile! :D

gtg and read the case study! its about some coffee tv ad launch in UK!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey..good luck with your job hunt!
did you know our sisters were born 1 day apart? coz cyn just celebrated her 21st on the 12th! =P

10:44 AM  
Blogger Fadzli Jay said...

woah thats way cool!!!. now we know! :p

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home