Saturday, September 16, 2006

broke to the bone

i'm broke to the bone. really. there's so much thing that i want to do and buy right now but i can't. Like joining Lyrical Jazz 2 classes or maybe Turns 2 at LADC. and yes renew my membership. Pay by bills. settle my final outstanding instalment for my loss flute. wad else? oh yes catch up-dinner/lunches with frds! thank you gifts! especially to my previous employers.. long LONG overdue! haha.

well i think its a good thing in a way because i will be more spurred on to look for a job like very very soon. Job hunt has been quite encouraging albeit slow. Its close to the end of 4 weeks since i start sending out my first wave of resumes. (oh!note to self: get Sat's Classifieds!- i forgot last week).

My second interview at Millward Brown went pretty well. I am very pleased with myself for actually having put together a presentation after analysing about 36 tables and several graphs. Felt quite accomplished. What's more i am SO HAPPY that the interviewer said it was "a very good analysis". She said it twice!! cause my first 'thank you' probably sounded rather obligatory. Actually I didnt expect that she will say that really, cause i didnt know what was the standard and I am unsure of whether i was doing the right thing.

I think it was a good interview too. I was calm and quite confident. (though there's a few things, esp my replies to her question, which could be better done). But in all i was proud of myself! YAY! I think my chances are quite high since apparently i made some buzz (positive) in the office. But then again the whole quantitive dept are ladies! So if they decide that i might not fit in as well as the other 2 women candidates i wouldnt be offered. BUT its okie! I'm really elated that i made a good impression. :) I hope to hear from her soon (by wed apparently), so i can move on if i'm not offered.

Anyways, I've finally sent out my resume to Gallup Organization (Research Analyst). Was a damn tedious process. I think in total i did like 60 over questions about myself- like i have to tick which of the statemtents describe me best etc. I did answer (quite) honestly so i reckon i won't hear from them. Gallup just caught my eye not only because its research too but because Ogily Mather (the ad man himself! RIP) worked in the Gallup Poll before way before he become THE GREAT COPYWRITER/AD MAN. He said that anyone wanting to know and get first hand insights of the population of a country should start of in the Poll because that's where all the stats are (i.e purchasing habits, etc...). I thought this to be so true.

I think after preparing the case study for that MWB interview and having went for it i am more convinced that i CAN be comfortable with numbers. I realized i always find it hard to answer the question of "are u good with numbers" because i am "bad with money!" so yeah money=numbers hence i sort of feel guilty each time i say i am good/comfortable with numbers. Lol.. I think i can now! haha. we shall see.. (if i get offered and take up the job that is!)

tommorrow's NUS Dance Ensemble's Next Wave!!! Yay! If i feel brave tommorrow i shall ask Zaini to take a picture with me!! :p (Zaini i love your HUMAN BEHAVIOR piece so much!!!!!! One day i get loads of money and will sponsor an encore of it just for me!! My wedding concert perhaps!) ok im crazy.

oh yeah.. i dun sat morning trgs anymore cause im offically out of caderas.. i;ve graduated! boo hoo hoo... Mixed feelings. mainly sad la. and a bit of relieved not to have to wake up early (and be late and do like 30-5o push ups week in and week out!) for trgs. :p


i need a sugar mommy (or daddy!)- Any takers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home