Saturday, March 18, 2006

massaging my mom

i came back home and my mom was awake still
surpised i am as past midnight it was
her eyes watery, my heart starts to race
later it normally beats as the reason was told:
MC of two days, her left armed briefly lamed

so i started, massaging my mom. it made me
recall the many times that i've had done so
i wonder sometimes whether massages are
what (sorta) define me, my mom, our relationship
but of course there's more!

massages to mom, i guess is ....
(it's hard to explain, it is)

hmmm.. you see my mom is still working albeit 12-hr
shifts (now) in a production line since i could recall
as a toddler. so when fatique sets in from physically draining
work, massages are needed to soothe them
i suspect more than physically.

As far as i remembered, i have been massaging her since
i was capable of. I remembere walking on her back on my two feet
thank god when i was light enough. Doing so noe would be BAD
there were times where i would fret and dread
my patience wanning.. my excuses childishly myriad
but then i noe its the least i could do for her being a
great mom. she is she is.
THen there was army when im mostly not on mainland
and i am only at home in the weekends, briefly at that
that was probably a hiatus in massage sessions..

dear mom, even though the frequency drops gradually over the years
i just want to tell you that my massages are more true now
cause i feel your pain, your fatigue your drain
glad i am that you are still here for me to massage
albeit occasionally or rarely..

be it knead, step, thumb, chop or box..
Love ya mom!

:p

1 Comments:

Blogger Fadzli Jay said...

if this was a poem; it will be open to the criticism of it being too sentimental.. :p

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home