Tuesday, February 28, 2006

An original poem about cats

Yay! an original poem. I am not sure whether i read this piece for Poetry Slam at Zouk later but i think it might make an interesting performance poetry! haha. Anyway its about cats. (i was inspired by the various interesting closed-form structure of poetry that i thought of creating my own. Its mainly quatrains with an ending couplet with AABB CCDD rime structure. If you noticed, the starting words for each quatrain -4 lines- also follow the same rime pattern.) Enjoy! lol.


MEOW

“Meow” I called you out,
“Meow” from the void deck, your name I softly shout.
A beauty you are,
A great attraction even from afar.

“Meow” you questioned me,
“Meow” when I look upon thee warily.
I, approached, small steps,
I desire so: You, upon these laps.

“Meow, meow, meoW mEOw, Meow?”
“Meow” which you have yet to utter. Goodbye?
Wait, don’t go. Not yet!
Wait pussycat, for You I yet to pet.

“Meow?” again I plead
“Meow” you spoke! Your dignified nod I heed.
Of seven was I.
Of older you- your long tail tells my eye.

“Meow” - your docile purr
“Meow” - my broad smile from your eyes I concur.
Gently, I stroke thee
Gently you rub, encircling tickled me.

Meow- Of stray you are,
But of royalty you are to me…


"Meow".

1 Comments:

Blogger Fadzli Jay said...

haha... Poetry Slam was interesting. I decided to do my Places of Yesteryears poem about Playgrounds & Police & Thief HDB style. I think i did okie. :) Glad i did it. Oh yeah, Mel got into the final round YAY! and she got forth! CONGRATS babe! :p

i look forward for the next one! There's gonna be some youth slam next mth!

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home