Sunday, January 08, 2006

Pigeon Hole of Passion

visited LADC studio for social dance after band rehearsals.
danced salsa. i was quite tired though. maybe physically, maybe mentally.
i think its becasue im tired of doing the same moves over and again.
eventhough i am in the school performing team, its weird that
i barely rem much of it to exectue in social dance setting.
I definitely have progressed but not enough to convince myself that i am truly passionate about dance, in this sense Salsa?

Hmmmm. on the way back home in the train i thought a bit about my passions.
Flute, Band, Music, Salsa, Hip Hop, Jazz, Contemporary, Dance.
i am thinking about whehter there's another passion behind all this,
whether do i really love music, dance? do i love performance.
Or do i just love anything that gives me a chance to be in the limelight?
I am not certain really. Of course i do enjoy dancing, music, playing music
but i wished i would have progressed much greatly in these things that i pursue.

i wish i was good at something. Just one. To be exceptionally good at sth.
But then again, i noe i am the sort of person who likes experiencing a lot of stuff!
i love the opportunity to do so many things. to pursue so many stuff. I am blessed in that way. I love the diversity of life! From library to first aider to dancer to musician to floorball... phew...

really blessed i guess.
but at that times i do wish that i have the discipline to practice till im more than perfect. to have the luxury of time to pursue something extensively. To have the luxury of being in LOVE with only one thing at a time. But i am not like that.

I guess i have to accept it. My life is like a flux of passion. A passion of life? a passion for all things that catches my eye and spark of my enthusiasm.

thinking about my passion...

Should one attempt to categorize and define the existence of one's passions?

1 Comments:

Blogger Fadzli Jay said...

correction. jazz, and contemporary dance probably do not qualify as passion yet since i haven't really done much of it. They are currently things of 'great interest' to me. :)

Lyn, i know wad u mean but i think if i can find out fully enough why i pursue some passion i can find my true self.

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home