Monday, December 26, 2005

my final dec vacation as a student

one more week till the new year and the final term of my smu life starts. One more week of my last december vacation. so far it has been going as planned- laid back and unplanned. But maybe it is too laid back i thought to myself. I kinda wanted the december holidays to be like really relaxing but when friends asked me "hows your hols" it seems like i have not much to say really. and its definitely a conversation killer if i tell them i spent most of the time sleeping.. so this entry will be sort of an recollection, and proabably a reassesment of what i did for the past few weeks and what i plan and must do to justify the use what's left in my december holidays.

studies shown that people who consistently have less than 7-8 hours of sleep will tend to die earlier so well yeah the point is, the first constructive thing i did, albeit useless at first glance is of course to catch up on my sleep. I really have been sleeping for about eight hours, or MORE!, on most of the december. It sure feels revitalising especially after a sleep deprived term due mainly to the Comms course (which if you havent read yet, paid off greatly with me winning one of the Book Prize!) So there you go, i managed to recharge and get loads of sleep, without having to take leave or off days!- can just imagine that i would actually need to take leave from work just to recharge in the near future.

Gym. yes i know i dun not have the bod but i did went to gym although not as much as i wanted. I only went three times mainly because of the fact that i didnt want to pus myself to the point of immobility which will in turn impair me greatly in my dance rehearsals. I can't imagine what will it be like if i have difficulty doing a simple En-Chufla during Salsa. I probabaly will go for 2 more sessions at gym cause i think my body is getting used to it. I didnt manage to swim yet cause i threw away my old pair of army trunks and i need a new one.. haven't got the conviction to purchase a nice one for 20 odd dollars.. especially that being a bad breathless swimmer, i bareley swim more than several laps whenever i swim. (i think i'll give swimming a miss? im too fat to be seen in trunks anyway..Lol) Yeah and i will jog to burn my fats away.... haha..

i went JB on at least 4-5 occasions mainly to visit my fav place. and to watch movies: King Kong, Rock and what else. So i think i must have like spent lots of Ringgit. I love going to JB, irregardles with or without company. Its quite refreshing to be away from Singapore once in a while..

i managed to catch Pride & Prejudice! I loved it. Brilliant script (tho my fren Aishah claimed that the book is "heaps" more brilliant!) & i just love those times where mena nd women bow/curtsy to each other as a form of greeting. How refined and fashionable! Lol.

Also not forgetting my new passion -Dance! From dance camp to dance rehearsals and to dance outings at Union and Jitterbugs.. Sadly most dance schools are closed till 3rd january for the hols so i have to suffer from dance withdrawal esp Hip Hop at Jitterbugs and Inter Advance Salsa at LA Dance (the latter is sth which i wanted to attempt since the sch hols cause i'm getting bored of doing the same combo each time i social) Oh yeah i must add that i secretly, okie only Rita proabably know about this, secretly aspire to dance in the NUS DAnce Ensemble. I was blown away and inspired by them fully. Especially the chereography and the dancers for the main team. She said its modern dance, i thought i want to take Jazz classes or maybe modern/contemp dance to brush up on my basics, and confidence of course!

I borrowed 4 good books from the library related to advertising, from no-copy layout to cutting-edge tv commercials. learnt quite a lot but a part of me still resist reading.. Not that its not interesting its just that i feel distracted by other simpler tasks like..sleeping! :p CAN YOU BELIEVE I YET TO GET DOWN TO UPDATING MY PORTFOLIO!!! But i like the thrill of rushing. In one week i will do something noteworthy about my personal portfolio of ideas and Ads. I really need this to show to creative people from the ad industry..

i haven't done much shopping though.. mainly because of the lack of molah. (i.e money) But i think i will somehow get round to bu a nice long sleeved shirt, shoes and proabably a new pair of causal pants/jeans. I need to wear something really nice on the first day of school and especially because i'll be presented the book prize in front of the new comms class then. SO yeah should look decent if not impressive. :D

What else should i do eh? Hmmm. YEAH! i still YET TO collect my stuffs from my previous internship at FACT. Poor Siti have to suffer the lack of space.. (well its not that much la just a box full) I am just avoiding the place cause i dun really feel like saying hi to everyone else while i collect the box. So i have either to go very early or late or wait outside the office... (Mental note: Fadzli, you MUST not procrastinate anymore and get this stuff out from the office before you start school!) I think i'll arrange for a lunch date with Siti on wed.

if my "Dory" brain rememebers anything else i'll update..

oh yes, i kinda owe several nice people their Friendster testimonials!! ALways told myself that i will do them during the hols.. :p

oh yes again, i need to save up MORE space on my lapttop before it starts to be sluggish again...

Oh and i did watch the whole season 1 of LOST from DVD quality dics on my plasma tv! Yay! (Kudos to Deen and Hairule)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home