Monday, October 03, 2005

afraid of being struck

Sitting by myself in my neighborhood Mac Donald's and looking at the reflection of myself and the other patrons- some of whom are like me studying. The glass windows overlook into the basketball court where a few teenagers are bouncing off over a game and the left side a group of young children looking rather disciplined in their Silat wear.

It was my birthday, and i was feeling quite happy. Happy about the moment. Happy about being so comfortable being by myself wearing my denim jacket. More so happy because i am not even a tad gloomed at the fact that i need to study on my birthday. I like life when its this simple. Despite the urgency with the impending BP mid term exam the next noon, i basked in my mind thinking about some things in my life. Just random thoughts which made me thankful.

When i looked up again at the glass windows, the scenery changed with very heavy rain followed soon after with lighting and thunder. The amazing thing about the weather is that it fascinates you. And it reminded me of God in that moment. It reminded me that i am human and i have my fears. Particularly the tragic fear of being struck by lightning.

I think this is one of the saddest way to leave your loved ones. Its extremely tragic and there's just too many questions that we'll never get to ask. Cause in an instant all is gone, withou warning. And although it may seem random, it is all but part of the big design.

i fear getting struck by one. and for my body to lay on the ground, burnt and perhaps unidentifiable. With no one to know what had happened to me till hours later. With no last words and goodbyes. With no tears i leave the world.

I hurried past an exposed path from the Mac to the next building. Lightning was still striking, though much less. THe fear still present. I hurried soon after i saw a man approaching the opposite directions. If we get strike we are but alone.

The moment i arrived at shelter again, i felt the pleasant feeling once again. To live for another day!

God Bless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home