Sunday, August 28, 2005

Post first week of SMU Final year

Dear Journal,

Things are really quite happening - at least for me- here in the new SMU campus. The first week of the new academic year has been great for me. Full of new things, rekindled friendships and many eventful things happened i must add.

With the closure of the great Salsa performance (which we had spent months practising!) at Convocation, a hiatus is precisely the opposite description of what i went through in this exciting first week.

For starters, I eventually agreed to play the flute solo part for with the Niibori guitars and the Guzheng for the State of University address. It was quite a nervous experience for me despite the simplicity of my part- but i LOVE it. Was proud to have finally played a REAL solo (only wind instrument to add!) in front of 'distinguished' audience like SMU's president, professors nad student leaders. I am now even more confident of my playing- having gotten positive reviews from the audience. :o) It was indeed a great item- esp taking into consideration of the amount of practice we had.

Of course, i had the almost impromptu decision to sign up for Eurtymhix Trial Classes which is a precursor the their auditions! I was actually quite lucky in a way: If i have not met Alexis (VP of E'mix) in my comms class on monday i'd prob wouldnt have said hi to her on thurs; and if i hadn't performed for Guitarissimo which Jit (Alexis' BF) was in, i wouldnt have had yet another opportunity to ask more about the auditions if not for her staying back during the rehearsals.. I guess Opportunity REALLY knock on the door TWICE! :p

Anyway, the best thing to come out of the trial lesson was the fact that Kai Mondzi (my fav year 2 dude i must add! :), agreed to join me for the trial!!! Woohhoo.. i find it hard to believe too. Haha. Actually almost felt like a dream? bleah.. hehe. But its COOL!

So we went and pretty much enjoyed ourselves! The 4 eights chereography was cool yet simple enough for us to be quite confident in it. So audition's this MONDAY! How exciting is that eh?! Wish us luck!

*****

Okie, hmmm now moving on to the more academic side of school, i LOVE my courses. They're all great. :) and apparently the best or most interesting grp of preofessors in a term potentially!

By the way, although i slept for most part of the late afternoon/evening today, i did manage to complete most of my IPR readings- which i honestly find interesting. :) So i'm proud that i manage to stay quite focused. (Dean's list, dean's list! LOL ;p

Next POA (plan of action):

1) Readings! (Patents, 3 chapters of Comms Foundations, Social Psychology, BP!)
2) JB?? (I need to buy my converse shoes!)


God Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home