Friday, May 27, 2005

untitled

At work i've a couple of unfinished work to do. I stayed a while to wait for the CEO (Mr Arvind) to end his call before informing him about something but to my surprise he left early. I guess tommorrow i got quite a lot to do. Anyway earlier in the evening, an incident happened at work. Some disagreement between Ashit and Andrew. Voices were raised. Darn. Now i am more reluctant to approach Ashit for queries.

Went for religous class at Bugis by SHeik Mustaffa with the SMU students. It was a cool venue, a nice shophouse and we were all seated in on the floor with pretty cushions. I like the setting. The only major drawback is that it clashes with my Caderas Latinas practice. Though the earlier starts at 8pm and the latter at 9pm, it means that i can't really get the best of both world: having to leave halfway or join halfway.

Well, i made up my mind. I am not going to go for the religous classes cause i want to dedicate my time to Salsa. Furthermore i already commit myself to it even before informing my interest abt the religous classes. (it was initially supposed to be on tuesdays) Also, they would probably go through the techniques of prayers. And i am more interested in Islamic history, etc.

I thought of leaving the religous class halfway at 9 but the setting made me too shy to do so. furthermore it was quite interesting.

We talked abt the 4 pillars of Islam: how they may vary in details but have the same intention. A question that only set in was the earring issue. I always wanted to ask why guys can;t pierce their ears. If they can't do it because men are not supposed to dress like a woman, what abt the time factor of cultural change. I.e. time changes culture and now men wearing earrings are a norm and acceptable and does not equate them to being womanly. So using that argument men should now be allowed to wear earrings because earrings are now men's fashion item. An argument supporting this would also be that in the early times, or whatever time that is, what is acceptable or deemed to be accessories for men or woman are decided generally by people themselves. People contribute to culture. hence muslim men should be allowed to wear earrings as they are no longer meant for women. Most importantly, the point we should not forget that piercing itself can't be sinful in itself. (if it is, why and so why isnt it sinful to women?) It's different from tattoo where the makrings on the body is permanent and prevent one from truly cleaning themselves from foreign objects.

Anyway, basically the session was interesting and i flet it to be rude to leave halfway. So in the end, we ended at 1015. and my salsa class supposed to end at 11!! and i was at Bugis while the class is Clarke Quay. I tried nevertheless, thinking i could get the last half hr but to no avail. I arrived at Clarke Quay station at 15 before 11pm. Alas, i decided not to go and embarass myself. (i mean everyone would be asking, what the hell is this guy doing coming in for the last 10 to 15 minutes?!) Furthermore i doubt i can catch anything in that short time. I don;t think i was fickle. On the otherhand i realize that i am very self concious and care too much abt what people think about me- though i TRY to tell myself that i am unlike that! Haha... I lie, even to myself? Hmmm... maybe i got a bad case of self justification!

God Bless,
Fuzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home