Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Learning to Hip Hop & Raggae

I always had enjoyed performing. I think dancing in front of a crowd is a great challenge as i always got the jitters. Anxiety is indeed a nice feeling especially if one is able to manage it.

Just yesterday i mustered enough courage to expose myself yet again to something new- learning to dance hip hop/ raggae. I have to thank Zallie of course for accompanying me. :o)

My ex secondary schoolmate Faz, now known as Liyana, asked me whether i would be interested to perform for the NDP thank you party. So me and Zallie went for one of the rehearsals yesterday. It was a bit nerve wrecking since quite a lot of them turn up for the rehearsals. (according to Faz there was only supposed to be a few of them!) But it was cool. At least i got over the most difficult part- of getting to have to dance in front strangers.

I realize that i am not really a fast learner especially when it comes to copying hip hop steps. :p but then again i would say that it is very much attributed to me not being too comfortable dancing with strangers hence being to self concious. :p

On the whole it was fun. kinda get the 'ghetto' feeling. Especially practising at the Yew Tee MRT. A different kind of crowd that i usually would hang out with but they ARE a fun and funny bunch of people. Look forward for next sunday!

Talking abt dance, my current dilemma is whether i should dance for Salsa during convocation or Mlcc cause i just got a call from Alina and she said i am one of the 5 pairs chosen for Convo! Also whether i could possibly perform for both Band and MLCC for Smuve.

Right now, deep down, i want to perform for Band for Smuve as they are doing an anthem. ANd i want to perform for Salsa for convocation as its something new plus i've been performing for MLCC for the last 2 years already. My dilemma is that i think MLCC would prob need me and i don;t want them to think that i think MLCC is unimportant or that i dun prioritize them. They are such dear friends.

Hmm.. should i turn up for Salsa tommorrow for the Convo practices?

Fuzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home